Face To Face The cost of the face to face program is $250 excl GST. Participants must apply through the online application process and be accepted to the program before payment will be requested. Program costs cover SEA LIFE staff salary for program delivery. Events vary from site to site based on site location and access to areas of interest. A number of optional excursions will be offered as part of the program to further enhance the Ocean Youth experience, however the costs of these are not included in the program fees. Discounts are often available due to partnerships with third party suppliers. You must register your interest with these optional excursions with the Ocean Youth facilitators so group bookings can be secured. You will not received a refund if you do not show up to either an Ocean Youth event or a third party optional event as costs have been incurred at the time of booking in anticipation of booking numbers.
Online Access to the Ocean Youth online platform is free.
Program fees cover a minimum of 4 workshops delivered through SEA LIFE aquaria, 12 month access to the nearest SEA LIFE aquaria + unplanned events including turtle rescues, releases school outreach and community events such as clean ups. The 12 month aquarium entry can be used either if volunteer opportunities are made availalbe to you at the aquarium or for your own personal use and covers just the participant.
Program fees must be paid in full prior to commencement of the program (Feb/March of each calendar year) and are done via the online payment page which will be emailed to you upon acceptance to the program.
All of our Ocean Youth faciliators are tertiary qualifiedand experienced to deliver Ocean Youth and have the relevent governement required checks to do so.
You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the service (Ocean Youth program) is major. SEA LIFE Conservation Trust Inc. may take into account how much time has passed since you paid for the service (Ocean Youth program) considering the following factors:
- type of product
- how a consumer is likely to use the product
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
For a major problem with services you can cancel the contract and obtain a refund or seek compensation for the drop in value of your services provided compared to the price paid.
What is a major problem?
A service has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it;
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time;
- it does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time;
- it creates an unsafe situation.
A major problem is NOT:
- Being unavailable to attend a pre-arranged event for personal reasons, illness, travel, lack of transport etc.;
- Changing your mind.